Sunday, August 26, 2012

Yummy peanut butter bars!

It's hard to believe I have not gone grocery shopping all week! I have been trying to empty out the fridge and use up some things in the pantry! Sunday Cambree and I typically make a fun treat to start our week out! I had to get creative, but I had all the supplies for peanut butter bars! My mom made these all the time growing up so it puts a smile on my face sharing this time with Cambree!

Peanut Butter Bars
8 cups corn flakes
1 cup sugar
1 cup light Corn syrup
1 cup creamy peanut butter

In a small sauce pan bring sugar and syrup to a boil for 1 minute, remove from heat and stir in peanut butter once stirred in add to cereal! Place in a greased 8 by 10 pan! Let cool and enjoy!! You can also drizzle chocolate over them or you can use frosted flakes or Cheerios for your cereal!!
Hope everyone has a great day!

4 comments:

The Lennons said...

I'm so glad you are back to blogging! Maybe it will motivate me :) Hope your family is doing well!

Diva Crudites said...

35Great recipe to make for my grandchildren when we do a play day at the park...hope they travel well. Thanks for sharing.

Road 5 FarmHouse said...

It's a slow process but my only hope to remember what we did even yesterday lol!! We are doing pretty good... How about you?

Road 5 FarmHouse said...

I bet they will enjoy them!!