Thursday, December 30, 2010

Looking Forward to 2011/ CheeseCake and Dump Cake







Another Christmas has come and gone! I can't believe we are days away from 2011!


We had a really good Christmas and I am really looking forward to a new year!! Both Damian and I have had this week off for "Christmas Vacation" and I am loving all the projects we are getting accomplished! I have fully taken advatage of him being home and getting things prepared for my new crafts...stay tunned I am working as quick as I can to get them all done and will post ASAP!!








I had made this wonderful cheesecake earlier this year and I had decided that I would make it for Christmas dinner, sadly enough Christmas eve do you think I could find my recipe anywhere that I had printed off?? NO!!! I knew I had found it on a blog somewhere, but of course couldn't find it quickly which lead me to making a DUMP cake!!





Cherry/ Pineapple Dump Cake





1 can pineapple chunks


1 can of cherry pie filling


1 white cake mix


1 cube of butter





I drained 1/2 cup of pineapple juice and put it to the side, DUMPing the rest of the can in the bottom of a 9x13 pan, next DUMP the cherry pie filling! I then took a spoon and leveled out the cherry and pineapple! Next I DUMPed the dry cake mix on top of the fruit, melted my butter and poured over the cake mixed followed by the pineapple juice making sure the top was all moistened, next I baked it at 350 for 45 min. and called it Christmas Cake!!








Meanwhile all while this was baking I was searching all my blogs I follow and I FOUND IT!!! The best cheese cake recipe! http://www.gourmetmomonthego.com/ all of her recipe's are amazing...remember the rootbeer float cakes I made for DDUBs Birthday....(scroll back to the top I can't figure out how to move my pictures) anyhoo...she also has the recipe for
Suzette's Ultimate Turtle CheesecakeCrust:
1-3/4 cup (1-1/2 pkgs) Chocolate Graham Crackers (crushed)
1/3 cup Margarine (melted)
Filling:3-8 oz pkgs Cream Cheese
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 cup Sugar
3 Eggs
3 Tbls Lemon Juice
1 Tbl Vanilla
3/4 cup Chocolate Chips
topping:1/4 C. mini chocolate chips
1/2 C. caramel ice cream topping
1/2 C. hot fudge ice cream topping
1/4 C. chopped pecans
Directions:• Mix graham cracker crumbs and butter in bowl with fork & press into bottom & 1-1/2 inches up sides of spring form pan. (13 x 9 can be used in a pinch). (We used regular graham crackers because we had a bunch on hand)
• Beat Cream cheese and condensed milk together until creamy.
• Add remaining filling ingredients until well combined.
• Remove 1 cup of filling and set aside. Melt chocolate chips about 1 minute, (just until melted) and mix completely into the 1-cup reserved filling.
• Pour 1/2 of the white filling into crust, then the chocolate filling, then the last 1/2 of the white. Take knife and gently swirl colors.• Bake at 300 for 1 hour and 15-30 mins-until light golden on top and edges are set and middle moves slightly. Cool completely & Chill. **(I place a pie pan full of water on the lower rack during cooking time for moisture. Also, I turn oven off and leave cake in oven to cool for 1-2 hours before removing from oven)• Remove outer ring just before topping and serving• Top outer edge and center with 1/4 cup mini choco. Chips & 1/4 cup Pecans (chopped). Drizzle melted chocolate chips and caramel topping all over top and drip down sides.

It is the best ever!!
Hope everyone has a great new year, I will be back to post all my fun projects!

No comments: